Friday, December 23, 2005
''Alex Gilady, an Israeli IOC member and part of the London 2012 Co-ordination Commission, tells the programme that another IOC member, thought to be Lambis Nikolaou of Greece, made the mistake.''
"If he had voted for Madrid it would have been 32-32 and we would have to have a vote-off between Madrid and Paris.
"In the vote-off, all the votes supporting London would have gone to Madrid because the fear was that Paris had a big chance to win. Madrid would have won against Paris, coming to the final against London.
Click here to read on!
Thursday, December 22, 2005
As a christmas gift, my parents got a new car! (I dint fund it:))
But here it is: Since we buy all cars from Maruti, Swift - the latest one is in our garage now :)
Power windows, Tubeless tyres, Anti Skid breaking systems, MPFI, Kenwood CD system inside, and more importantly looks cool with the dark grey color :)
Congrats mum and dad - cant wait to lay my hands on this one!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
But anyways, I searched the fridge for half an hr and gathered some lemon juice, potatoes, bread, jalapenos, spinach, yogurt - basically emptied half my fridge.
Then put on some nice Christmas music :) and the party began to roll..
Here's the output:
Sunday, December 11, 2005
Tagged by Aalekh…
Ten years ago
- I was 13
- I used to ride a bicycle to school
- Mathematics was my favourite subject
- My life revolved around studies and cricket
Five years ago
- I was 18
- Mathematics was still my favourite subject
- I got featured for the first time in a newspaper – for being 2nd in my city and 6th in state in 12th board exams
- Had a long vacation where getting up late, movies, cricket, watching TV was my daily routine
- Joined AIESEC!
The last one year
- I started to earn for the first time
- I met some of the smartest people who are going to be friends for life
- A lot of my meals constituted of only vada pavs (Potato balls in bread with spices)
- I listened to diverse and really cool music
- I traveled to Singapore , Malaysia , Germany and Netherlands
- Spent sleepless nights over the two biggest partnerships ever struck in AIESEC
- I developed a strong dislike for mediocrity and fake behavior
- I had the best year of my life personally and professionally
- Woke up at noon
- Saw the movie ‘American desi’
- Read Swedish newspaper – for checking TV shows
- Had a blast at the Christmas party
Five Yummy things
- Mom’s daal
- Mexican food
- Chocolate strawberry waffles with cream at Crepe station
- Brocolli and mushroom Pie
- Khichdi and curd
Five songs I know by heart
- I hope you dance – Lee Ann Womack
- With our without you – U2
- The reason - Hoobastank
- Sar ki yeh hai pahar – Strings
- Summer of 69 – Bryan Adams
Five things I’d do if I had the money
- Fly down to watch the next U2 concert wherever it’s happening!
- Take a world tour
- Buy a Ferrari laptop
- Buy a beach house which has a bowling alley, a foosball table, pool table, a cricket ground, Sony PS2, and a huge bathroom :)!
- Visit latin america
Five places I escape to:
- Any cricket ground
- Any beach
- Totos in Bombay
- Taj in Baroda :)
Five TV shows:
- The Apprentice
- Tom and Jerry
- Kaun banega crorepati :P
Five things I enjoy doing
- Watching movies and sleeping mid way on my couch
- Playing sports – esp. cricket!
- AIESEC and ER – my work :)
- Listening to music
- Chilling :)
My favourite toys
- My digi cam
Soon to come:
- My new nano ipod
The kiwis :)
- Yat Wan Yeung
- Amy lil su
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
This is how it goes:
- A perfect diamond is carved when its a balance of 4 Cs - Cut, Colour, Clarity and Carat (and we are 4 ppl on the team representing that:))
- This year in AIESEC Sweden was about maintaing a balance and moving forward in four broad areas so that AIESEC Sweden has clarity and implementation in these areas simultaneously and also because it always has to be a balance - exchange, finance, member, relevance!
- Diamonds are also a symbol of excellence
- Everyone on our team loves bond movies - and Diamonds are Forever is a cool bond movie :)
To check our MC blog, visit: http://thediamonds.nomadlife.org
Monday, December 05, 2005
Friday, December 02, 2005
Have never got myself to actually pick up a book on leadership (educational)- always believed the biggest impact made on me and learning about leadership for me is seeing leadership exhibited by people and talking to ppl who have inspired me through their actions and daily life and read books which are case studies of people who have exhibited leadership through their life!
So you know what not to gift me ever on Christmas or birthday!
Educational Leadership books - an absolute no :)
Another quote I love about leadership, which i always believed in:
Leadership, an action and not a position!
Random post, but I felt like posting it, as I was thinking about it